Saturday, May 7, 2011

Good Morning NM

It was a good morning to join the ZiaVelo group ride. I had a lot of fun catching up with people. Thanks a lot to the group for welcoming me back and making the ride enjoyable.

Other than the group ride, I am close to wrapping up a week of solid training in preparation for California. Lisa and I made a trip up to Silver City for Tuesday and Wednesday to allow me the opportunity to train at altitude with some good climbs. Wednesday I trained with Tejay VanGarderen. It was nice to get to know him a bit. The trip was a nice chance for Lisa and I to relax, too. Although the time was short, we enjoyed ourselves a lot. We stayed in a small cabin thanks to some new friends we met through Garret and Dave (thanks guys!). It was a great pleasure to stay there and be able to get a chance to get to know the owners, Robert and Melinda. They have many great stories to tell and experiences to talk about. We are really excited to be able to go back some time in the future and hear more stories about their past.

Thursday I will be flying out for Tour of California, and before I know it, the race will start on Sunday! I am excited to start the race and happy to shoulder the pressure of the team with expectations of winning. I know we have a strong team and the strong riders to win the race. Hope we will fulfill the expectations! Check back for race reports and updates. Thanks for supporting Team RadioShack and me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Champ! Good luck in California. M & J