Friday, April 11, 2014

This Race...

Ok guys, this is my two stage catch up... honestly there isn't much to be said. This race is stinking hard and it can be mentally and physically traumatizing! I think the saying "if it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger" is probably applicable here. Every stage is hard and sometimes makes you wonder if you're a little crazy to suffer so much! It has become progressively harder to wake up each morning, so I know my body is asking for mercy. The final stage is an individual tt tomorrow. I'm going to give it all I've got, but then I'm looking forward to a few days of recovery. I can be honest and say that I've had some good moments and some disappointing moments in this race, but I know that if I recover properly, I will have good gains in fitness for the Ardennes and ultimately California. Thanks for checking in again. Goodnight. 

2 comments:

Scott K said...

Catching a few moments here and there this week, I am hurting for you just watching. Best of luck in your TT and rest up.

kyleJ said...

Good luck in Amstel Gold this weekend!