Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Scouting Catalunya

Lisa and I just returned from a two night scouting trip into the Catalan Pyreenes to see some of the stages for next week's Volta Catalunya. We previewed stages 3 & 4, which are both mountain top finishes at area ski resorts. I can say for sure, it is going to be a very hard week of racing! It will be fun to be riding some of my home roads though, and Lisa will be able to come spectate for several of the stages. I'm looking forward to a good week of racing, but my first priority is a good day tomorrow here at G.P. Nobili! It is a one day circut race near Milan, Italy with several good climbs. I have a late flight home tomorrow evening post race, but I'll do my best to write an update. For now, a little photo recap of our training trip.

Fighting some rain & hail on the climb to Vallter 2000.

Made it to the top, with support crew in tow!

Lisa enjoying the moutain views.

Day 2, en route to Port Aine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. If I didn't know better, I would think that was Craig in the first picture!

Big Cahunico said...

Best of luck to you Matteo!!!

Scott K said...

Good luck, ride hard. Good looking support crew. No doubt the other guys should be very jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. I must say you look lean and mean...well, at least lean. My wife Sandy said she hardly recognized you.