Thursday, April 14, 2011

The News

Alright, it has been a week since I said I would update in a couple days after the final stage TT at Pais Vasco. To sum that up, the TT was tough and turned out great for Team RadioShack. Kloden and Horner turned in solid TTs to finish off the week of hard racing to land 1 and 2 on the podium. It was very rewarding for the me to be a part of the team for the week and see the work help land my teammates 1 and 2 overall. For me personally, the race was great for the experience and a tiring week of racing. I really enjoyed it though.

For the quick catch up since Vuelta Pais Vasco, it has been the usual recover and relax for a few days before getting ready for another race. Lisa and I enjoyed a beautiful bike ride with coffee on one of my easy days. I do have to say though that she did not take it easy on me. At one moment, she attacked, forcing me to put in a pretty good dig to return to her wheel. It was a very enjoyable afternoon/day with riding, watching Paris Roubaix and a great dinner.

Today is not such a nice day though. I had to take Lisa to the airport for her return to the US. It has been an amazingly fast 3 months, but the time was up and the two weeks we are apart will not go quick enough now! To help the time go quicker though, I will be spending the next week in Belgium doing the three one-day classics of the Ardennes. Originally, I was scheduled to do only Fleche and Liege on Wednesday and next Sunday, but shortly after returning to Girona from dropping Lisa off, I received a phone call from my director saying I am now to do Amstel on this Sunday. That means I leave on Saturday, return next Sunday and fly to the US on next Tuesday. Boy I have a lot of things to take care of before then and now and only two days to do it! Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Jeramey said...

Good Luck

TimK said...

I'm looking forward to following your performance in the Ardennes Classics! Versus will be carrying coverage of Fleche Wallone and Liege, I'll look for ya.

It will be interesting to see what you think about these legendary Hilly races.

best wishes!

Phil Cianciola said...

Do it dude!

Big Cahunico said...

Good on ya' mate!

DaveR said...

Great finish and you will enjoy Belgium if the weather stays nice. Look forward to seeing you soon.

DaveR