Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Long Day in the Saddle

Today was arguably the queen stage for the race, and it unfortunately turned out a little disappointing for me. The day was 208km including the neutral start of 10km. I felt good all day and had good positioning on the final climb, but when the acceleration happened, I was unable to follow. It was not a matter of overall strength but more the ability to make the big effort for 30-60 seconds and then settle back into the rhythm. Despite being disappointed with not being in the first group, I am remaining positive because it is early in the season, and these races and efforts will make me stronger for the next ones. More opportunities will come in the upcoming stages and upcoming races.

That is really all I have for today. I am tired and need to go to sleep!

3 comments:

Shane C. said...

Hang in there Mattew. Take a look at last years resuts...how far you have come and how much progress you have made.

Eric said...

Ageed, you will only get stronger. Keep your head up.

Dave R. said...

Shoot Sr. Busche your are only 1:22 behind the leaders. That is awesome. I suspect that more favorable results will come with practice in the peloton and comfort in these types of events.